Dr. Catherine Euler was arrested last August 8, the 67th anniversary of the atom bomb blast at Hiroshima for blockading entry to the Los Alamos Nuclear Laboratory in New Mexico. As one of the LANL 6 and an articulate spokeswoman for our cause, she describes what’s it’s like to get arrested by the police but held by Bechtel private security, along with why she’s willing to go to jail and info on the underestimated dangers of uranium mining and low level radiation.
- Duke Energy to close Crystal River NPP for good! Good!;
- Vermont Yankee crone-age activists arrested again – huzzah!
- US dumps medical registry for military personnel and families exposed to Fukushima radiation;
- Staggering cancer and birth defect cluster found in St. Louis;
- Osaka burning Fukushima waste and spreading radionuclides despite public outcry;
- Virginia activist opposition blocks attempted repeal of state ban on uranium mining;
- Dirt and Fukushima cherry blossoms vie for numnutzery, but lose to…
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: NRC’s Usual “Unusual Occurrence” caused by overreaction and poor eyesight, along with why the proper response to the NRC’s “Usual Occurrence” is: DUCK!
- Lucas Hixon’s Enformable.com story, NRC representation of San Onofre outage contested: http://enformable.com/2013/01/nrc-representation-of-san-onofre-outage-contested/
- Report says Georgia nuclear power plant could be Solyndra redux: http://www.csmonitor.com/Environment/2013/0130/Georgia-nuclear-power-plant-could-be-Solyndra-redux-report-says
- Extended story on background of Crystal River NPP shutdown:http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/energy/crystal-river-nuclear-plant-13b-and-counting/1273570
ACTIVISTS AT THEIR FINEST:
Vermont Yankee protesters:
TORONTO WEST URANIUM PROTEST STOPS TRAIN: