SPECIAL BICOASTAL REPORT: Interviews with participants in two major actions on opposite coasts. Gary Headrick, Grace Van Thillo and San Diego Mayor Bob Filner (via proxy) weigh in on the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s public hearing on Southern California Edison’s dumbass intention to restart the aging, leaking, dangerous reactors at San Onofre. In DC, Coalition Against Nukes founder Priscilla Star shares her perspective on the nuke issue at the Climate Change Rally – the “elephant in the Climate Change livingroom.”
- Hanford, WA radwaste leak threatens Columbia River;
- Russian meteor barely missed 7 nuke facilities;
- Two more confirmed cases of thyroid cancer in children near Fukushima;
- Snow collapses roof at Chernobyl;
- It’s official: with Crystal River closing, the number of nuke reactors in the US is down to 103. Progress, not perfection.
- …and of course, a lot more!
Letter to the NRC from San Diego Mayor Bob Filner, read by Dr. Rob Wilder, the mayor’s Public Advocate for Energy and Climate Change (video courtesy Myla Reson):