Jon Stewart hasn’t said this on-air yet… but maybe he will in 2015!
VERMONT YANKEE ORAL HISTORY MONTAGE
Join activists from throughout New England as they celebrate the closure of the Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Plant. Hear from Leslie Sullivan Sachs, Paul Gunter and Kevin Kamps of Beyond Nuclear, plus locals who’ve been in the battle for more than 40 years – this is what a victory for our side sounds like!
SUCCESSFUL LAWRENCE LIVERMORE LAB VIGIL
We learn about an action that took place just this morning (January 6, 2015) at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories near San Francisco from Marylia Kelley, Executive Director of Tri-Valley Cares, who organized the action. Contains one of the biggest laughs I’ve had at the expense of nuclear numnutz in a long time!
TWEET THE POPE!
Boston’s Dr. Sheila Parks explains why and how you need to Tweet the Pope regarding his upcoming encyclical on climate change. His Twitter handle is: @pontifex
@pontifex Nuclear power is not clean, green or sustainable. Don’t support nuke energy in your encyclical! #nonukespope #nuclearhotseat
@pontifex every nuclear reactor produces weapons grade plutonium. Don’t support nuke energy in your encyclical! #nonukespope #nuclearhotseat
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK
Oh, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, do you really think that cancer is a matter of “bad luck,” of “losing the lottery?” No no no no nooooooooooooo! (And Joseph Mangano of Radiation and Public Health Project backs me up on that!)
- Four more Fukushima children suspected of having thyroid cancer
- Ukraine’s Zaporizhia Nuclear Power Plant in second emergency shutdown in a month; it’s either no big deal or potentially another Chernobyl, depending upon the source you choose. To be continued…
- 301 South Korean villagers with thyroid cancer who live near the Gori reactors in Busan file class action suit against Korea Hydro & Nuclear Power Corp.
- Japanese government declares small radiation hot spots in Fukushima “safe” – LOL!
- Japanese government declares all rice grown in Fukushima pass radiation “safety” checks – 100 Bq/k – LOL!