Pilgrim Nuclear, Holtec Safety Lies: Dry cask storage is not secure when anyone can walk up to them,
this close, without any restrictions. So much for Holtec’s claims about “safety.”
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Diane Turco is Director of the Cape Downwinders on Cape Cod, a group that’s been fighting against the Pilgrim nuclear power reactor for more than 40 years. Here, two interviews:
- Post-shutdown problems at Pilgrim, including site security issues and her pending trial for trespassing to demonstrate to two NPR reporters how lax security is on the site. From NH #472, July 9, 2020.
- New interview on recent revelations of Holtec lies to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission on “safety” issues at the Pilgrim site, along with lack of upgrades in security. We spoke on August 20, 2021.
Pilgrim Nuclear activist and Holtec’s biggest Massachusetts foe,
Diane Turco of Cape Downwinders.
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Water, water everywhere… and with TEPCO in charge at Fukushima, you know it’s more radioactive danger to the Pacific Ocean, rebranded as… radioactive danger to the Pacific Ocean.
- Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education: An Open Letter to Bill Gates About his Wyoming Atomic Reactor from Counterpunch.org.
- “Full Body Burden” sneak preview – Kristen Iversen’s memoir is the source for this eagerly awaited new documentary. Watch a sneak preview, then take part in the discussion – click on title to pre-register (required)
- August 30 Environmental Justice Groups in California to Protest State Agencies’ Failure to Clean Up Contaminated Sites, including the Santa Susan Field Lab, site of nuclear meltdowns and radioactive contamination.