Radiation Monitoring – modeled by citizens in Japan, needed in USA and everywhere else because of manipulative nonsense like what’s demonstrated in this cartoon.
This Week’s Featured interview:
- Radiation Monitoring in USA based on Japan’s Citizen Activist model is the focus of our interview with this week’s guest. Originally from Japan, Rachel Clark holds a degree in International Studies from Ramapo College of New Jersey. As an independent interpreter/global coordinator, her language capacity has been utilized in various international events: she supported former Prime Minister of Japan, Naoto Kan at the Coalition Against Nuke’s Symposium in 2013; and former Mayor of Nago City, Okinawa, Susumu Inamine, when he made various official visits to New York and Washington DC in 2014 and 2015; former president of East Timor, José Ramos-Horta (Nobel Peace Prize laureate) onboard Peace Boat in 2018; and many others. She coordinated the English version of “Citizens’ Radiation Data Map of Japan,” which is now available in both digital and printed formats. We spoke on April 2, 2021.
- Email to contact Rachel Clark to be put on list to learn more about this program as it develops: RadiationMonitoringUSA@gmail.com
- Video from Rachel Clark that led to this episode:
LINKS from the interview:
- Minna No Data Site – English
- Citizens’ Radiation Data Map of Japan – English
- Manhattan Project for a Nuclear-Free World home page
- Manhattan Project for a Nuclear-Free World – Youtube channel
- Downloadable 100 years map of Japan’s radiation after Fukushima nuclear disaster
- Video from a measuring lab in Saitama Prefecture
- Native American Forum on Nuclear Issues – 5-part series – April 26-31, 2021.
The event focuses on the impacts that nuclear issues have on Native American communities across the country.
Register for complementary tickets HERE.
Speakers include: Winona LaDuke, Tom Goldtooth, Carletta Tilousi, Kandi White, Myron Dewey, Tommy Rock, Manny Pino, Joe Kennedy, and Ian Zabarte. Featured artists include Jack Malotte, Sorren Thunder Richards, and Bryan Hudson