Three Mile Island at 40 – TMI Vigil at the gates to the reactor facility, March 28, 2019, 3:57 a.m.
Nuclear Hotseat producer/host Libbe HaLevy (right) commemorates her past.
A very SPECIAL Nuclear Hotseat as producer/host Libbe HaLevy returns to Three Mile Island, site of the 1979 meltdown that changed her life. An intimate portrait of the experience as she attends the 40th anniversary events, talks with other survivors, technical experts, and national activists, and provides the “You Are There” experience for those who could not attend.
- Arnie Gundersen, Chief Engineer at Fairewinds Energy Education. Arnie’s slides and maps will be made available shortly.
- Eric Epstein, Chair of Three Mile Island Alert.
- Christine Layman, Admin of the Three Mile Island Survivors Facebook page, which now has more than 3,600 members.
- Cindy Folkers who specializes in radiation impact on health for Beyond Nuclear. To learn more about the need for blood tests after a nuclear accident, CLICK HERE for links to a symposium hosted by National Academy of Sciences, March 12, 2019 – March 13, 2019
- Tim Judson, executive director of Nuclear Information Resource Service, or NIRS.
- Participants in Heidi Hutner‘s upcoming film, ACCIDENTS CAN HAPPEN: The Women of Three Mile Island. LINK to the film’s website and sizzle reel HERE.
- Japanese Journalist Hiroko Aihara from Fukushima
- Survivors of the Three Mile Island nuclear meltdown, telling their personal stories.
- …and many more
Penn State’s TMI 40th anniversary events will broadcast on C-SPAN3 on April 13. If video is available after that, it will be linked to HERE.
For the full story of Libbe HaLevy’s harrowing experience at Three Mile Island on March 28-30, 1979, check out her book: YES, I GLOW IN THE DARK! One Mile from Three Mile Island to Fukushima and Nuclear Hotseat. Available on Amazon – CLICK HERE or ON THE PICTURE: