Nuclear Hotseat Producer/Host Libbe HaLevy (l) and Leona Morgan
at International Uranium Film Festival, 2015
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Leona Morgan and Eileen Shaughnessy of the Nuclear Issues Study Group, based in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They talk about pressure on indigenous people in New Mexico to accept a high level nuclear waste dump and all “interim” storage of radioactive waste for a minimum of 120 years. Hey, nuke industry: go sacrifice your own back yard!
- REGISTER YOUR COMMENTS WITH THE NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION:
Click Blue Button on Right: Comment Now!
- OTHER LINKS mentioned during the interview:
- www.nuclearnewmexico.com — for talking points, click on nuclear-waste
- Info sheet: www.sric.org/nuclear/docs/2017_Stop-Holtec-Spent-Fuel-Dump.pdf
CLICK on the Interactive Map below to see the potential impact of a nuclear waste dump on the people and environment of New Mexico:
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Fukushima Food Fight Continues! Who’s in charge of South Korea’s food import standards — South Korea, Japan, or the World Trade Organization? Round two, coming up!
The Missing Links:
- Three Mile Island Nuke Accident Linked to Thyroid Cancer – USA Today article
- Don’t Bank on the Bomb – Easy action to remove your money from companies that support or build nuclear bombs or components.
Bolivian President Evo Morales Ayma signing
the United Nations Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons