Featured Image: Cartoon by Khalil Bendib, OtherWords.com
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Steven Starr is a senior scientist with Physicians for Social Responsibility and an Associate of the Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. www.NuclearDarkness.org
Make sure you check out the Firestorm Simulator.
- NukeMap – Find out what a nuclear bomb of any size would do to your, yes YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD!
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
The Los Angeles-area Joint Regional Intelligence (put that word in quotes!) Center is so freaked out by North Korea having along range missile theoretically capable of reaching the US West Coast that they’ve sent out a 16-page “Nuclear Attack Response Considerations” that:
- give “radiation protection basics” almost identical to 1950’s “Duck and Cover” exercises;
- warn that during evacuation (on the 405 Freeway/Parking lot?) the public may be experiencing “high anxiety” (ya think?);
- instructs government entities to “remain operational… (and) maintain order;
- and says not one word about the spent fuel pools at San Onofre.
Greenpeace Sets Off Fireworks at France’s Cattenom Nuclear Power Plant Spent Fuel Pool
If activists can get to the spent fuel pool with fireworks, what could someone with malicious intent do with real explosives? THAT’S THE POINT!