This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- Prof. Celine-Marie Pascale of American University in Washington, D.C. is a sociologist who did a study of mainstream media coverage in the first two years after Fukushima – and not only are her observations stunning, she’s got the data to back them up. Originally presented on Nuclear Hotseat #203, May 2, 2015.
- Nuclear Hotseat European correspondent Shaun McGee reports on growing response to the BBC Panorama documentary on nuclear safety problems at the UK’s Sellafield facility. Watch the Sellafield BBC Panorama documentary here:
Numnutz of the Week:
Thinking about why Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn) thinks that nuclear energy is “pollution free” (?!?!?????) is enough to give a girl the (radioactive) vapors! Has he never heard of plutonium? Or does he think that’s just one of Walt Disney’s characters?
TWEET THIS IN SUPPORT OF CAPE DOWNWINDERS AND THE CAMPAIGN TO SHUT DOWN PILGRIM NUCLEAR:
Pilgrim nuclear dangers last 2 wks – emergency shutdown, gas & water leaks, malfunctions, no evacuation possible. #ShutPilgrimNow!
The Missing Links:
- Study finds Rising Infant Death Rates Attributable to the Diablo Canyon Nuclear Power Plant.
- Informed Consent: What Communities Need to Know about “Interim” Nuclear Waste Storage
- Threats from Plan to Ship High-Level Radioactive Waste to Texas/ New Mexico
- WIPP nuclear waste accident will cost US taxpayers $2 billion
- Radioactive Food And Water The New Normal In Japan