This Week’s EXCLUSIVE Interviews:
Nuclear Hotseat Producer/Host Libbe HaLevy attended the US 9th District Court Hearing on USS Reagan Sailors v. Tokyo Electric Power Company. The sailors were on an humanitarian aid mission to Japan following the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, which caused the Fukushima Daiichi triple meltdowns. TEPCO never informed the US Navy of the dangerous release of radioactivity from the crippled nuclear reactors and as a result, the sailors were exposed to catastrophic levels of radiation.
Hear excepts from the testimony and exclusive interviews with:
- Attorneys for the sailors Charles Bonner and Paul C. Carlson Garner
- Sailors from the USS Reagan during Operation Tomadachi: William Zeller, Chad Holt and Chris Shamrell.
- EXCLUSIVE BOMBSHELL: Former US Senator and Vice Presidential candidate John Edwards, who reveals a bombshell: why he flew out to attend this hearing and is so public in his support for the sailors.
At stake is whether the sailors’ case will be allowed to be tried in United States courts. TEPCO wants this case tried in Japan, which would effectively make it impossible for our sailors – many of whom are in failing health and would have to interrupt their medical treatments, fly to Japan, and fly out their own experts. The trip would be cost-prohibitive and forcing the trial to take place there would effectively end the lawsuit. That’s what TEPCO and its attorneys are counting on.
David v. Goliath? Count on it!
Hear the Whole Story Here:
Numnutz of the Week:
Clear the roads! Clear the air lanes! The UK plans to fly radioactive waste to the US for disposal! (Now who thought THAT was a good idea…?)
The Missing Links:
(Live links to all the Nuclear Hotseat episodes coming…)
- Video of full hearing of lawsuit HERE.
- Nuclear Hotseat #96 – USS Reagan Sailors at Dr. Helen Caldicott’s Symposium
- Nuclear Hotseat #129 – Interview w/Attorney Charles Bonner
- Nuclear Hotset #138 – Interview w/Attorney Charles Bonner
- Nuclear Hotseat #159 – Interview w/USS Reagan sailor Steve Simmons
- Nuclear Hotseat #162 – Steve Simmons and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano refute TEPCO claims
- Nuclear Hotseat #166 – USS Reagan sailors v. TEPCO
- Nuclear Hotseat #173 – Yokuska Homeporting of USS Reagan and Unresolved Radiation Issues w/Carole Jahnkow
- Nuclear Hotseat #176 – USS Reagan Case Win!
- Nuclear Hotseat #180 – Internal v. External Radiation Risks for USS Reagan Sailors