- Author Kristen Iversen on the history of the Manhattan Project and plutonium trigger manufacturing waste at Rocky Flats, which is about to open as a Colorado Wildlife Refuge <!>.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
The New York Times goes in for hard core “hormesis” (no – Whore-YOU-sis) propaganda that completely undercuts its reputation as the “Great Gray Lady” of U.S. journalism and turns it into a shill for radiation deniers everywhere.
IN THE NEWS:
- San Onofre secret meetings over waste and failed clean-up of the 1959 nuclear meltdown at the Los Angeles area Santa Susana Field Lab both subjects of major investigative reports by southern California mainstream media;
- NRC DUCK! and Cover Report: Five US nuclear reactors have NRC-level “unusual” events – isn’t that the definition of “usual?”
- US Senator petitions Secretary of State John Kerry to intervene with our deadly international neighbor to the north – Canada – to prevent to construction of the nuclear waste storage facility within one mile of the shores of Lake Huron;
- And no, the enormous wolf fish caught in Japan is not the result of radioactivity and mutation – it’s just a big ol’ ugly fish.
NOT a Fukushima mutation. Neither is the fish.