- Mary Beth Brangan of the Ecological Options Network (EON3) on the recent event she helped to product, FUKUSHIMA CONTAMINATION In the Ocean and in the Biosphere, with scientists Timothy Mousseau and Ken Buessler. Knockout information on Chernobyl, Fukushima and the Pacific Ocean.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK
What to do with former plutonium contaminated nuke sites? Why, if you’re Rocky Flats in Colorado, just turn it into a nature preserve! And don’t be ironic about it!
AND IN THIS WEEK’S NUCLEAR NEWS
- Typhoon Etau floods Fukushima and sends radioactive water into the Pacific as it washes away 395 bags of decontaminated dirt;
- NRC drops study of cancer rates near nuclear reactors as “too expensive” at a mere $8 million;
- A South Korean town wants a referendum to stop construction of new nukes because the government had shut them out of the decision-making process. Sounds like a plan to us.
- …and, of course, lots lots more!