NUCLEAR HOTSEAT NOW HEARD
IN 58 COUNTRIES* ON 6 CONTINENTS!
- Erica Gray, Nuclear Issues Chair for the Virginia Sierra Club, reveals details of Dominion Power’s plans to experiment with dry cask storage of high burn-up nuclear fuel at North Anna in Virginia, which was 11 miles from the epicenter of the 5.8 east coast earthquake in 2011.
- Diane Turco, co-founder of Cape Cod Downwinders, reports from the four-day protest March for All Children, which brought attention to safety issues and the state’s lack of an effective emergency plan for those in a 50-mile radius of the Pilgrim Nuclear Generating Station. March ended today (June 16) at the Massachusetts state house with a speech by former Governor Michael Dukakis.
4TH ANNIVERSARY! – NUCLEAR HOTSEAT NOW HEARD IN 58 COUNTRIES* ON 6 CONTINENTS!
- Excerpts from Nuclear Hotseat #1
- How we grew from a conference call to an international phenomenon
- Where we’re going – if you see it, you can be it!
- *List of countries will be posted as soon as I figure out how to do it…
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
I don’t care how you decide to spin it, there ain’t no way nuclear reactors will ever be “aesthetically pleasing.” Even in England. Even if that’s what Amber Rudd, the new UK Secretary for Energy and Climate Change, has made as one of her priorities.
- High alpha radiation in Los Angeles
- US government emergency preparedness contractor calls Fukushima so fragile that at any moment it could “turn globally catastrophic”;
- Canada delays its approval of $1B nuke waste dump on shores of Lake Huron until after its elections – wouldn’t want to upset the results, now would we?
- Radiation Monitoring Project, national initiative to establish monitoring of radioactivity in communities contaminated by the nuclear fuel chain: www.dinenonukes.org.