Dr. Chris Busby has been a brilliant, reliable resource on nuclear radiation dangers since long before Fukushima began. He’s a scientist, activist and has a long history of going up against the nuclear goliaths and daviding them down to size. Dr. Busby is the scientific secretary of the European Committee on Radiation Risk and for a long time was the spokesman on science and technology for the Green Party of England and Wales.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Nukes and Fracking are proving to be Tweedledum and Tweedledumber as they dance the Fuel Cycle Tango!
- Vermont Yankee shutting down by end of 2014!
- Exelon considers closing three nuke facilities in Illinois.
- Citizen monitoring group at Oyster Creek in New Jersey uncovers two major radiation spikes; Nuclear Regulatory Commission unmoved to action.
- Anencephaly (fatal neural tube birth defect) rates hit 2,860% of US national rate in Washington state counties that contain and are adjacent to the Hanford site; health “experts” claim they don’t know what’s causing it. Duh!
- In Tokyo, British researcher Keith Baverstock blasts United Nation’s Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation (UNSCEAR) report that pooh-poohs Fukushima radiation as having any potential impact on Japanese cancer rates… which no one will ever know with any certainty because radiation is not allowed to be discussed in any doctor’s office in Japan!
San Onofre Safety’s Donna Gilmore’s presentation to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission on the impact of high burn-up fuel on long term dry cask storage: