Interview w/award-winning investigative journalist Karl Grossman on how the nuclear industry has gamed the media since before Hiroshima, why mainstream media continues to resist coverage of nuclear news, and thoughts on how to start breaking that logjam. www.KarlGrossman.com
FREE KARL GROSSMAN BOOK (pdf): Cover Up: What You Are Not Supposed to Know About Nuclear Power – For your FREE download, just click on Cover Up Sample
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
TEPCO double-header: Naohiro Masuda, newly appointed head of the Fukushima Daiichi “Decontamination and Decommissioning” Company, on cost-cutting measures which include eliminating what?!?!????? from on-site workers? AND – TEPCO claims they can’t afford to keep providing stipends to Fukushima residents forced out of their homes and will cut them off next March. So how much did this genocidal company net last year? Hold onto your knickers…
(Full story on Masuda here: http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/WR-Taking-on-Fukushima-0205141.html)
- WIPP (Waste Isolation Pilot Plant) site in Carlsbad, New Mexico, shows damage to bags of magnesium oxide placed atop waste containers to stop radiation leaks – LOL!;
- Hanford explosion during Plutonium Finishing Plant demolition hidden from authorities and public for two weeks; union rep furious;
- Tokyo quakes register 6.6 and 6.1, but word from Fukushima’s Spent Fuel Pool 4: Don’t worry, be happy!;
- Scott Portzline of Three Mile Island Alert offers a special invitation to participate in a webinar on NRC lies with Tim Judson of NIRS, Eric Epstein of TMI Alert and himself.
- …and if we could talk to the animals – meaning the fish/sea lions/sea birds/whales/owls/otters on the west coast of North America, they’d be really really pissed off at us about what the radiation from Fukushima is doing to them!