- Dennis Riches, Tokyo resident and blogger at Nuclear Free by 2045 (nf2045.blogspot.com), on the psychology of nuclear self-deception, post-Fukushima life in Japan, and why he didn’t return to Canada with his wife and kids after the disaster began.
- Michael Leonardi of Toledo Coalition for Safe Energy and the Coalition Against Nukes, on his experiences both before and after testifying against the Ontario Public Power’s proposed nuclear waste dump less than one mile from Lake Huron. How safe from nuclear radiation would that make this 21% of the Earth’s fresh drinking water? Listen and learn.
- FDA “decision” to test or even ban foods from Japan is non-binding and essentially meaningless (SMOKE AND MIRRORS ALERT!);
- North Carolina Utilities Commission gives Duke Energy permission to continue to gouge ratepayers for its nuclear debacles w/a 5% rate hike and guaranteed 10.2% profits;
- Sweden’s Oskarshamn-3 reactor, located 211 miles south of Stockholm, shut down by raging jellyfish activists:
- More cracks found in Davis-Besse containment vessel but the NRC thinks that’s just safe as safe can be!;
- Nosebleed epidemic in Japan w/over 5,000 tweets in two days;
- 70% of kids in Kanto region, south of Fukushima, have cesium in their urine;
- 2011 increase in Japanese birth defects documented – more than 100 babies w/polydactyly – extra fingers or toes – waiting for operations:
- Michio Kaku labels TEPCO the equivalent of the Three Stooges:
– Wo wo wo wo wo…!
Radiation Protection Tip: Green Tea