Three special interviews on the Legacy of Chernobyl and the implications to Fukushima and the future of the people of Japan:
- Chernobyl survivor Bonnie Kouneva, who as a 16-year-old lived in Bulgaria, 800 miles away from the nuclear disaster… but it wasn’t far enough.
- Dr. Alexei Yablokov, who compiled over 5,000 research papers in multiple languages for the book, Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the Environment, as well as co-founding Greenpeace, Russia.
- Dr. Janette Sherman, known for her work with Joseph Mangano on statistical studies indicating infant deaths and hypothyroidism in the US after Fukushima as well as editing the English translation of Alexei Yablokov’s book.
- Los Angeles City Council votes unanimously to tell NRC to hold So Cal Edison to an Adjudicated Evidentiary Hearing on San Onofre – a BIG WIN!
- Florida House committee passes bill to prevent Progress Energy from charging customers for the development of nuclear plants before they even obtain a license to build the sucker!
- Shut It Down Affinity Group gets arrested yet again for blocking the driveway of Entergy’s Vermont Yankee NPP:
- NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: US Nuclear Power and the Ebay Connection
- Friends of the Earth full story on the Los Angeles City Council’s vote to demand an Adjudicated Evidentiary Hearing on San Onofre with the NRC and Southern California Edison: http://www.foe.org/news/news-releases/2013-04-san-onofre-los-angeles-votes-to-oppose-reactor-restart
- Watch VP Joe Biden talk about nuclear in 2007; you’ll be surprised!
- Video on non-seismically qualified Spent Fuel Pools in the US: