Interview: Dr. Janette Sherman and epidemiologist Joseph Mangano on their analysis of EPA and CDC statistics in the weeks after Fukushima that indicate 14,000 additional deaths possibly accountable to the nuclear disaster. A re-engineered update of the January 10, 2012 interview (you can actually hear Dr. Sherman this time!) – still critical information you need to know.
- Police kill anti-nuke protesters, including a small girl, as thousands continue to protest at Koodankulam NPP in India;
- The fight is on to stop PG&E from exterminating CA sea life to justify keeping Diablo Canyon NPP chugging away atop its earthquake faults;
- TEPCO says Unit 4 is “perfectly safe” in a quake up to 6.0… as long as it only shakes up and down, not side-to-side; nuclear physicist Nils Bohmer and Arnie Gundersen point out the problem;
- TEPCO alters unit 4 photo w/bad Photoshop, then pulls it, then crops it, then admits to it… but won’t say why and we can’t figure out what they were trying to hide;
- Japan feeding school children radioactive milk, oranges, apples – why? Because they’re the government and they say so and anyone who doesn’t eat the food is a “chicken!” (the Mayor of Kawasaki City really said that to concerned parents!).
- Coalition Against Nukes Rally for a Nuclear-Free Future coming up next week; will you be in DC or will you donate from home?
Links of interest:
- Koodankulam protests: