This Week’s Featured Interviews:
A round-up of short featured interviews by outstanding anti-nuclear campaigners.
- Dr. Ivana Hughes. She is President, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation. Hughes comes to the Foundation from Columbia University where she is a senior lecturer in discipline in the Department of Chemistry, and where she served as the director of the K=1 Project, Center for Nuclear Studies.
Dr. Ivana Hughes, President, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Dimity Hawkins from Australia. She is a co-founder and current Board member of the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons (Australia). She is also a member of the Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom.
The Nukewatch Report with John LaForge
- We’re proud to announce a new feature focusing on US nuclear weapons policy, NATO and US nuclear positions in Europe, and the politics of nukes, with John LaForge. He has been a Co-Director of the peace and nuclear watchdog group Nukewatch since 1992. John is a veteran Plowshares activist, a journalist syndicated by PeaceVoice.org, and a regular contributor to Counterpunch.org. With Arianne Peterson, he co-edited Nuclear Heartland: A guide to the 450 land-based missiles of the United States.
The Nukewatch Report with John LaForge will appear once a month on Nuclear Hotseat.
Nuclear Hotseat Hot Story with Linda Pentz Gunter
The nukesters head-hunt Linda Pentz Gunter! Look at the perks! The money! The promises! How could she resist? (Did no one at IAEA actually read her bio…?)
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
When one thinks of Fukushima, “sushi” is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind.
- How passport privilege undermines the nuclear ban treaty
- Oppose uranium mining near the Grand Canyon. Please take a minute to sign on to a letter to the U.S. Forest Service and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Office of Environmental Justice. Let them know you’re concerned about a uranium mine operating so near the Grand Canyon and within the new national monument.
- HELP WANTED! National Radioactive Waste Coalition is looking to hire a coordinator. 24 hours a week, $25/hour. Chicago-based, remote possible, travel involved. Full info HERE