This Week’s Featured Interview:
“RADIOPHOBIA???” – Prof. Majia Nadesan rips this nuclear industry propaganda talking point to shreds and shows how it has been used against the people of Japan after Hiroshima, Nagasaki, and now Fukushima. She is a professor at Arizona State University and a researcher on a wide range of interconnected topics including Governmentality, Biopolitics, and Risk Cultural Studies; Autism and Bioethics; Globalization; and Political Economy, Energy Politics, and Organizational Communication. Her books include: Fukushima: Dispossession or Denuclearization, Fukushima and the Privatization of Risk. She recently provided a chapter on “Radiophobia and the Politics of Social Contagion” for the book, Transforming Contagion: Risky Contacts among Bodies, Disciplines, and Nations – and that’s what we’re focusing on today – Radiophobia.
Majia Nadesan’s LINKS:
Nuclear Hotseat Hot Story:
- Nadesan, M. (2018). Radiophobia and the Politics of Social Contagion, a chapter in the collection: Transforming Contagion: Risky Contacts among Bodies, Disciplines, and Nations, edited by B. Fahs, A. Mann, E. Swank; Rutgers University Press.
- “Lessons of Fukushima” presentation and draft versions of radiophobia chapter
- BOOK: Fukushima and the Privatization of Risk. Palgrave Pivot.
- VIDEO : “Fukushima’s Genetic Legacy” – Interview produced by EON – Ecological Options Network.
- BLOG: Majia’s Blog https://majiasblog.blogspot.com/
Linda Pentz Gunter busts the re-approval by the European Union to include nuclear energy as a “green energy” – and acceptable for investment of renewable energy funds.