Japan Puts World in Radioactive Hot Water: Boycotts, Protests, Fukushima’s Tritium Dangers – Fairlie, Deere-Jones, Busby
In Seoul, South Korea, more than 50,000 gathered to condemn Japan’s release of radioactive tritium-contaminated water from Fukushima into the Pacific Ocean and urged the Korean government to file a lawsuit to stop the discharge in the International Justice Court.
This Week’s Featured Interviews:
The nuclear industry is fond of treating radioactive tritium as some kind of benign radionuclide – not dangerous, nothing to get your knickers in a twist about, there there Missy… – in order to dump massive quantities of tritium-contaminated water into our oceans. This narrative could not be more wrong. To build understanding, I’ve revisited two important interviews dealing with tritium and edited together the important bits to give you some concentrated clarity.
- Dr. Ian Fairlie is a London-based radiation biologist and independent consultant on radioactivity in the environment. He has been a consultant on radiation matters to the European Parliament, local and regional governments, environmental NGOs, and private individuals, with a focus on the radiation doses and risks arising from the radioactive releases at nuclear facilities.
A Primer on Radiation and Radioactivity by Dr. Ian Fairlie
- Original full interview: NH #574: 11th ANNIVERSARY! Tritium Radiation Lies – Dr. Ian Fairlie on Fukushima, Pilgrim
- Tim Deere-Jones is an internationally known marine biologist – a researcher and consultant – who specializes in analysis of the radiation threats to our planet’s waters from a wide range of nuclear sources. We’ve had him on the show many times before, the reason being that he’s thorough, articulate, and gives us plenty to think about.
Tritium Notes compiled by Tim and used as the basis of our full interview.
Tim Deere-Jones is most easily reached through messaging on Facebook.
- Original full interview: NH #613: TRITIUM: Japan’s Radioactive Water Dump Lies, Tritium Truth w/Marine Biologist Tim Deere-Jones
- Dr. Chris Busby LINK – Is the Release of Radioactive Contaminated Water From the Fukushima Nuclear Site to the Sea Acceptable? Is It Safe?
- Endless fallout: the Pacific idyll still facing nuclear blight 77 years on
- Sustainability has lost its meaning as the nuclear lobby triumphs – Dr. Paul Dorfman
- Google form to REGISTER YOUR ACTIONS such as rallies, online hashtag, film screening, press releases etc.
- Press Conference: A Flawed Decision for Fukushima: Scientific Problems with the ALPS Water Treatment Plan
- Anti-nuclear demonstration in Wales: