This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Scott Portzline, Cyber-Security advisor to Three Mile Island Alert, sorts through the verbiage and posturing around Exelon’s announcement that they’ll be shutting down the Three Mile Island in 2019. Is it a promise or a threat to extract funds from Pennsylvania to keep on running? Plus Scott updates us on Eric Epstein, TMI Alert’s esteemed and feared (by the nuclear industry) chair.
- Just for giggles, a compilation of outtakes from Nuclear Hotseat over the past year. Prepared for the 6th anniversary show (#312) but bumped to today’s 4th of July festivities.
Numnutz of the Week (for Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Clueless US Energy Secretary Rick Perry wants to make nuclear “cool” again. Was it ever cool? And what idiot ever thought so?
The Missing Links:
- In the event of a nuclear attack, here’s how the government will save its own posterior (and ignore yours).
- International seed bank in Norway stored in a vault with all of Norway’s nuclear waste underneath it.
- Difference in effects on the environment between nuclear bombs and nuclear meltdowns
- 31 government scientists confirmed to have inhaled uranium after warning alarms shut off in 2014 “incident” at the Los Alamos National [Nuclear] Laboratory.
- Witnesses of the Bomb: Seven testimonies from the era of nuclear testing in French Polynesia