TEPCO’s Fukushima plant manager, the late Masao Yoshida, who battled his offsite bosses to continue pouring water onto the melting-down remains of three nuclear reactors
This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- Nancy Foust of simplyinfo.org, returns to tell us about a shocking new documentary from Japanese public broadcaster NHK. MELTDOWN: Cooling Water Crisis (see below) reveals new information on how TEPCO corporate policy undermind efforts to keep Fukushima Daiichi stable one week after the nuclear triple meltdown disaster began. Nancy lets us know what’s important about this information.
- Breaking update: Diane Turco of Cape Downwinders explains the impact of the Trump energy memo on the Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant, and goes ballistic on how the Boston Globe sold out its SHUT PILGRIM NOW! demands of 2016 to try to not only keep the reactor running, but extend its operations until 2032!
- Send letters to the Boston Globe: [email protected]
- Link to Nuclear Hotseat #338, where Fairewinds Chief Engineer Arnie Gundersen Busts Nuke Industry’s $8.2 Trillion Global Warming PR Ploy: http://ow.ly/Rcso30hcZwo
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
When is “NICE” not nice? When it really stands for “Nuclear Idiots Creating Extinction” – NOT what the nuclear industry wants it to mean.
- Why Nuclear Power for African Countries Doesn’t Make Sense
- New Study Shows Full Extent of Radiation Damage to Hiroshima Victims
UPDATE: YES, I GLOW IN THE DARK!
YAY! My book is now available for pre-order at: NuclearHotseat.com/book or directly from Amazon.com. Production expected to be finished by late June/early July – get your copy the very first day it appears!