NH #582: New Radiation Training on How Risks are Worse for Little Girls, Women – Mary Olson, Cindy Folkers
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- One of the most misunderstood aspects of nuclear danger is the impact of radiation on our health. Today’s two interviewees not only are in the forefront of exposing the radiation lies that underpin the nuclear industry, they have an exciting new radiation training program for those who are willing to learn the larger truth.
Mary Olson is founder of Gender + Radiation Impact Project, a group she started after 25 years as Radioactive Waste Policy Analyst and Director of the Southeast Office of Nuclear Information and Resource Service. Cindy Folkers has been Radiation and Health Hazard Specialist at Beyond Nuclear since 2007. Together with Dr. Ian Fairlie, Vice President of UK Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament and previously a member of the scientific Secretariat to the UK Government’s Committee Examining Radiation Risks of Internal Emitters, they have put together a new radiation training: Radiation Information For Everyone.
LINKS mentioned during Interview:
- CLICK HERE for Radiation for Everyone information and sign-up
- Summary of Cindy Folkers paper: Disproportionate Impacts of Radiation Exposure on Women, Children, and Pregnancy: Taking Back our Narrative
- EPA annual dose calculator (interesting, but not perfect)
Nuclear Hotseat Hot Story with Linda Pentz Gunter:
- Implications of the top secret nuclear weapons documents found at Mar-a-Lago.
Oak Ridge Environmental Peace Alliance hung up all flags of the 66 states that have ratified the #tpnw outside the Y-12 nuclear weapons factory in the United States.