Nuclear Numnutz cartoon by Libbe HaLevy and Raoul Pascual
NOTE: I’m taking my annual autumn break from the nuclear world with an off-grid retreat for a week. What better time to let you see how far we have come <NOT!> in holding off the nuclear insanity than by revisiting a full year of Nuclear Numnutzery? Enjoy! – Libbe.
This Week’s SPECIAL Feature:
Nuclear Numnutz deja vu because, let’s face it, with nukes, everything old is new again, and again, and again… So we take a look back at 2018 through the lens of Nuclear Hotseat’s most popular feature, Numnutz of the Week. Listen to the “wacky” antics of the world’s most dangerous technology as it sails through:
- Japan’s hard work to “normalize” Fukushima and its radiation so the tourists dumb enough to show up for the 2020 Radioactive Tokyo Olympics will think that everything is AOK!
- US nuclear crews who opt for “high” crimes and misdemeanors – not once but twice!
- Ancient, decrepit or just irrelevent so-called “experts” opining to a transfixed mainstream media in support of nukes… when they have nothing to do with them
- The ongoing Fukushima Food Fight – whether it’s propaganda on the ground selling Fuku sake to New York hipsters or Japan taking South Korea and now Taiwan to the World Trade Organization to try to ram Fukushima fish down the throats of safety-conscious residents of other countries.
- Department of Energy playing word games to make us believe that high level waste is really low level waste – and when the citizens arise against you, with good cause, just invest your money in a good PR firm.
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission incompetence in letting reactors operate at full power during “snow cyclones” and hurricanes, forgetting that there’s no way to evacuate or get emergency crews on site because, hey, “snow cyclone” and/or hurricane.
- …and much much more!
All of it leading to that Numnutz of all Numnutz for 2018, which is…
Well, you’ll have to listen to find out!