What do we anti-nukers have to be thankful for? Listen to a montage of national activist voices expressing their gratitude for skirmishes won, battles shared, losses commiserated, unexpected camaraderie and the miracle that is our growing movement. If you need a reminder as to why we do it, listen with your heart, because it’s all about love.
- Whales and dolphins safe from PG&E in Diablo Canyon showdown!
- Exelon admits to wanting to shutting down Oyster Creek, then retracts it;
- Switzerland to have a national vote on shutting down all its nuclear reactors!
- U.S. allows 12 times more radiation in our food than Japan does <!>;
NUMNUTZ ALERT AND RANT:
The newly formed Japan Nuclear Safety Institute (JANSI) has been formed “to strive to achieve the world’s highest level of nuclear safety” by “enhancing safety culture, disseminating information about nuclear safety, and conducting peer reviews.” How about CLEANING UP FUKUSHIMA, YOU NIMRODS?!? YOU’RE THE MOST SEISMICALLY ACTIVE AREA IN THE WORLD AND YOU BUILD NUCLEAR REACTORS ON FAULT LINES, YOU ARE THE ONLY COUNTRY TO HAVE BEEN ATTACKED WITH NOT ONE BUT TWO ATOM BOMBS SO YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUENCES, AND NOW YOU’RE SETTING UP A TRADE ORGANIZATION TO GO ALL “CHAMBER OF COMMERCE” IN SUPPORT OF NUCLEAR SAFETY WITHOUT A SINGLE MENTION OF FUKUSHIMA? WHERE ARE YOUR BALLS, JAPAN?!?!? You want nuclear safety?
- SHUT ‘EM DOWN,
- CLEAN ‘EM UP,
- DON’T BURN THE RADIOACTIVE RUBBLE,
- DON’T DUMP RADIOACTIVE ASHES IN THE OCEAN,
- HONESTLY TEST AND TREAT YOUR PEOPLE FOR RADIATION-RELATED ILLNESSES,
- COP TO THE SHIT YOU’RE IN!
YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO PRETEND YOUR WAY OUT OF IT! DENIAL DOES NOT WORK! WHEN IT COMES TO NUCLEAR, JAPAN SHOULD, ONLY JAPAN COULD LEAD THE REST OF THE WORLD… AWAY, FAR, FAR AWAY FROM ALL THINGS NUCLEAR!!!!!
NIRS LIST OF THINGS THE ANTI-NUCLEAR MOVEMENT HAS TO BE GRATEFUL FOR:
California Coastal Commission
Announces their Decision re: PG&E’s Seismic Testing: