Japanese interpreter/anti-nuke activist Umi Hagitani talks about the real concerns of the Japanese people and her experiences translating for Fukushima survivors who addressed U.S. anti-nuke demos and the media.
- NRC’s Jaczko resigns his Chairmanship;
- Sen. Barbara Boxer goes after Southern California Electric over sidestepped licensing amendment for steam generator design changes;
- Alaska Senator Begich says tsunami debris will be worse than Exxon Valdez – but Washington still can’t tell him a plan for dealing with it;
- Koodankulam protestors get UK MP support;
- Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds says Unit 3 may be just as bad as Unit 4; meanwhile Unit 1 has only 15″ of water and no one’s sure where the corium is;
- and Indian government numnutz sending shrinks to Koodankulam to create “don’t worry, be happy” mental exercises to calm down those wascally nuclear protesters!
Alaska Sen. Mark Begich on Capitol Hill:
First tsunami debris hits Alaska coast: