This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Bruce Gagnon, secretary/coordinator of Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space, is one of the hearts and minds behind the Keep Space for Peace! week activities, being held right now, October 1 through 8, around the world. In this extended interview, Bruce talks about the nuclearization of space, the use of nuclear reactors instead of rockets, the satellite network already in place that could manipulate nuclear war by the United States against Russia and China, and at the end, he shares a vision for how all the major social and environmental justice movements need to come together to achieve one action all of us need.
The Missing Links:
- Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space: www.Space4Peace.org
- Bruce Gagnon’s blog, Organizing Notes
- “Arsenal of Hypocrisy: The Space Program and the Military”
- New Army Corps of Engineers Report Reveals that the Problems with MOX Run Deep – article by Ed Lyman, senior scientist of the Union of Concerned Scientists.
Numnutz of the Week (for Nuclear Boneheadedness):
French nuclear regulator ASN just issued a scathing report about defects, quality control issues for a specific model nuclear reactor, and independent consultant Large & Associates issued a 49-page scathing analysis of the defects and quality problems related to this nuclear power station type. So of course, the UK not only wants this model built for Hinkley Pt. – they signed the contract a week AFTER these damning reports are released! Duck and cover, indeed!