This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- Lou Ricciuti has been a nuclear researcher, writer and speaker for nearly 20 years on the radioactive waste-stream generated by Niagara Falls’ vast involvement in the earliest days of the Atomic Age.
- Veteran anti-nuclear activist Myla Reson reminds us of the leaked report from Nuclear Regulator Commission’s Dr. Michael Peck saying that Diablo Canyon should be shut down until Pacific Gas and Electric can prove that the reactors’ design can withstand the shaking from one of the 13 adjacent earthquake faults.
Numnutz of the Week:
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission head Michael Binder pooh-poohs letter claiming withholding of important safety information written anonymously by agency insiders, jokes about whistleblowers, then muzzles a Greenpeace environmentalist and ignores a 26-page safety review, yet encourages concerned employees to “speak up!” Yeah, right! What’s that olde joke about a scorpion’s nature…?
The Missing Link:
- Dr. Helen Caldicott speaking in San Francisco:
- Myla Reson’s latest video, featuring Harvey Wasserman: “Solar Power to the People!”
- Nuclear Accident in New Mexico ranks among the Costliest in U.S. History – front page in the Los Angeles Times
- Catastrophe in the Making: Growth Machine Politics; Regulatory Capture; Hurricane Katrina; Fukushima; Disasters of Tomorrow by Mining Awareness
- Sister Megan Rice: “People are Miseducated about Nuclear Weapons”