Guess where I was…! (said the future Nuclear Pundit of The Daily Show)!
Nuclear Hotseat Producer/Host Libbe HaLevy traveled to New York to cover the February 28/March 1 symposium put together by Dr. Helen Caldicott. Video archive of the complete two-day event is available HERE.
This Nuclear Hotseat Special Report includes interviews, excerpts from presentations, “nuclear humor” and two news scoops with:
- Dr. Helen Caldicott
- Theodore Postol, Professor Emeritus of Science, Technology and National Security Policy, MIT
- Steven Starr, Associate of Nuclear Age Peace Foundation, Former Board Member and Senior Scientist for Physicians for Social Responsibility
- Bruce Gagnon, Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power In Space
- Bob Alvarez, Institute of Policy Studies
- Robert Parry, Investigative Journalist
- Susi Snyder, PAX, The Netherlands –Don’tBankOnTheBomb.com
- Alice Slater, Nuclear Age Peace Foundation
- Cindy Folkers, Beyond Nuclear
- Diane Turco, Cape Cod Downwinders, on latest developments at Pilgrim Nuclear Power Plant
- Rachel Clark, Freelance interpreter, on Fukushima waste incineration – blockbuster revelation!
- Do-it-yourself map to see what a bomb going off in your neighborhood will look like. (Mega)Tons of fun for kids, parents and nuclear psychopaths! Nukemap and Nukemap3D
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Britain’s Prince William may be a dim bulb, but after Japan’s PM Abe got him to eat Fukushima food, he may be glowing in the dark!
DAILY SHOW SHOUT-OUT:
Hey Jon! Guess where I was… (said the future Nuclear Pundit of The Daily Show)!
Photo Credit – Dr. Helen Caldicott and Libbe HaLevy featured image – Peny Pkwy