Image by 281_Anti nuke
Nuclear engineer Ernie Goitein offers clear explanations of engineering problems w/aging nuclear plants and provides a new insight as to how nukes directly impact global warming.
Tim Judson, Executive Director of Nuclear Information and Resource Service (NIRS) on this September’s People’s Climate March and why anti-nuclear activists must rally and participate in large numbers.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe-baby wants an integrated research center for “more rapid decommissioning” of Fukushima. So when will it begin? Not until April, 2015, at the latest! Uh, a little behind the ball, Abe-baby? And he wants to wait until then to allow “experts” to teach classes. Never heard of Free Conference lines or Skype or Google Hang-outs for sharing information? And who are the “leading researchers and engineers” from around the world you’re asking? Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education? Dr. Marvin Resnikoff, senior advisor at Radioactive Waste Management Associates? This week’s guest, nuclear engineer Ernie Goitein? Not holding my breath…
- Fort Calhoun NPP faces flooding from the Missouri River… again;
- National call for NRC Commissioner William Magwood to resign in conflict of interest case;
- Cow showing possible radiation-created white “dots” brought to Tokyo in protest by Fukushima Prefecture farmers;
- WIPP Workers’ Uh-Oh Plutonium Valentine! – a video by Myla Reson
- “Closure of WIPP Casts Long Shadow” by Lauren Villagran, Albuquerque Journal: http://www.abqjournal.com/415944/news/closure-of-wipp-casts-long-shadow.html
- “An Indian Point Supporter has Second Thoughts” by Paul Gallay:www.riverkeeper.org/blog/watchdog/an-indian-point-supporter-has-second-thoughts/
- Fukushima Children to play on uncontaminated soil for 2 weeks in France: www.ulule.com/fukushima