- Don Hancock, Director of Southwest Research and Information Center in Albuquerque, NM, brings us up to date on the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) site, including his take on the “green kitty litter” now being blamed for the “explosion that was not an ‘explosion'” that caused a radiation leak at the government’s only site for nuclear waste disposal.
CONTACT INFO for DOE Media Spokesmodel Bradley Bugger at WIPP:
EMAIL: [email protected]
Worker at the WIPP Site in Full Hazmat Mufti
- Ray Lutz of Citizen’s Oversight Project interprets the confusing shenanigans about the California Public Utility Commission’s “done deal” bailout of defunct San Onofre nuclear power facility’s operators Southern California Edison, to the tune of $3.3 BILLION in taxpayer funds. But it’s not over yet!
This was not an invitation to SCE to continue to milk the ratepayers!
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK:
Kyushu Electric Power and Hokkaido Electric Power are complaining: “Mom, TEPCO got a bailout from the Japanese government and they made a profit of $4.3 BILLION last year, why can’t we get a multi-billion dollar bailout of our own, huh, huh???????”
- NRC sets seismic analyses of 21 nuclear reactors as “a priority” – as long as it takes place by 2019 <!>.
- Fukushima Prefecture goes bonkers over Manga comic with characters who tell the truth about nosebleeds, fatigue;
- Worker sues TEPCO for radiation exposure, cites USS Reagan sailors;
- N. America’s Fukushima fallout exposure estimated at 400 TRILLION bequerels of Cesium-137;
- and TEPCO’s frozen sea wall – any bets?