INTERVIEW: KEVIN KAMPS is Radioactive Waste Watchdog for
Beyond Nuclear. He specializes in high-level waste management and transportation; new and existing reactors; decommissioning; Congress watch; climate change; federal subsidies — in other words, all the complex issues at the top of the nuclear-industrial-governmental food chain.
NUMNUTZ OF THE WEEK: TEPCO, Fukushima Prefecture AND the Japan Football Association. They plan to turn a soccer training center located so close enough the nuclear accident that it was used as housing for Fukushima workers back into… a training center for elite athletes. Just in time for the 2020 Olympics! Elite athetes training in a radiation zone — woo hoo!
- Japan in uproar as PM Abe-Baby pushes Secrecy Act through the Diet;
- Strontium 90 from Fukushima predicted to start hitting the Pacific this week;
- World Bank sniffs, “We don’t do nuclear energy,” while Norwegian investment fund dumps TEPCO stock;
- Chernobyl getting new containment mega-building;
- NRC DUCK! and Cover report;
- RadCast radiation “weather” report;
- and Japan plansto train its 2020 Olympic athletes where?!?!?
- Japan’s Industry Ministry continued promoting nuclear power right after Fukushima accident: http://ajw.asahi.com/article/0311disaster/fukushima/AJ201312020059