Nuclear Hollywood exposed in new book, Lookout America! The Secret Hollywood Studio at the Heart of the Cold War, by authors Kevin Hamilton (l) and Ned O’Gorman (r).
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- We talk at length with Kevin Hamilton and Ned O’Gorman, authors of LOOKOUT AMERICA! The Secret Hollywood Studio at the Heart of the Cold War. Learn about the U.S. Government’s secret Hollywood studio that not only filmed nuclear above ground blasts and turned them into pro-nuke propaganda, but cranked out other images and films the government used to use to manipulate nuclear consent during the coldest of the Cold War. It’s a whole new take on understanding how we’ve been deceived into believing what we believe about nukes.
- LOOKOUT AMERICA! website includes links to films and research information: www.LookoutAmerica.org.
- Atomic Blonde – how Marilyn Monroe became involved in Lookout Mountain.
- Nuclear Savage – a film by Adam Jonas Horowitz on the bombing of the Marshall Islands. Lots of film clips from Lookout Mountain included.
- OPERATION IVY – full film that made President Eisenhower want to share nuclear information with the country.
- Dr. Strangelove – end scene, including montage of bomb blasts filmed by Lookout Mountain Laboratory:
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Conk-a-Conca Conga! It’s James Conca pontificating and lying about nuclear in the pages of Forbes, yet again. Still. Forever. (That’s his job!) “It’s OK to if Japan Dumps Radioactive Fukushima Water Into the Ocean” — Really, James? Really?!?!??? Let’s dance a Whack-a-Mole dance with you as the mole, shall we?