Nuclear Reactor Decommissioning Trickery – San Onofre, Three Mile Island UPDATE
This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- FOR SAN ONOFRE UPDATE: Cathy Iwane is co-founder of Coalition for Nuclear Safety who works closely with San Clemente Green and Public Watchdogs. Formerly from Japan, she and her family moved to southern California in the immediate aftermath of the Fukushima nuclear triple meltdown disaster.
- FOR THREE MILE ISLAND UPDATE: Eric Epstein is Executive Director of Three Mile Island Alert.
LINKS for San Onofre Information mentioned in interview:
- Petition to NRC on their claim that events are ‘not credible’
- 2019-12-11- Paul Blanch Letter to NRC re: Petition Regarding Potential Violations of Regulations SONGS 3
- Paleoseismic features San Onofre Tsusami seismic
- Drop-In Meeting Minutes with NRC Chair Hanson
Nuclear Hotseat Hot Story with Linda Pentz Gunter:
Building small modular reactors; nuclear powered rockets to Mars; nuclear power plants on the Moon — They’re all Really Bad Ideas. So why do governments insist on pursuing them?
- Article in Santa Fe New Mexican on Greg Mello of Los Alamos Study Group
- Health Experts Warn Against Releasing Indian Point Radioactive Wastewater Into Hudson River
- They handled nuclear missiles. Now they’re getting cancer.
- There is no alternative: US-Russian nuclear arms control must restart. Now.
- WHO Suddenly Updates Medicines List For Nuclear Emergencies
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
UPDATE: Before last week’s Numnutz – the tiny radioactive capsule gone on walkabout in Australia – was found, its journey was memorialized in this piece from First Dog On the Moon: