Featured Image: Protesters against proposed Chalk River nuclear waste dump,
intended to be sited next to the Ottawa River
This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- Paul Gunter, Director, Reactor Oversight Project for Beyond Nuclear, gets into the complexities of what the abandonment of the V.C. Summer two-reactor build in South Carolina means. For SC ratepayers, the news is not good!
- Terrie Barrie is a worker advocate with Cold War Patriots and part of the Alliance of Nuclear Workers Advocacy Groups (ANWAG). She explains how recent whistleblower accusations about intentional Department of Labor obstruction to delay payment to radiation-exposed workers workers have led to action. gain compensation under the too-complex Energy Employees Claimant Assistance Projects (EECAP).
The following are resources for nuclear and uranium workers:
- A poll being conducted on medical benefits can be found on the Energy Employees Claimant Assistance Projects home page.
- EECAP hosts a page for the Alliance of Nuclear Worker Advocacy Groups.
- Cold War Patriots is a great resource for claimants and potential claimants, too.
If you think you have been injured as a result of working on government nuclear or uranium mining sites, contact Terrie Barrie at the ANWAG office: 970-824-2260
Hiroshima Remembrance links:
LINK TO WILFRED BURCHETT ARTICLE: “The Atomic Plague”