Edison & San Onofre At It Again! “Dismissed” Nuke Exec Palmisano Tries to Slip Public Meeting Past Public
re: Radioactive Waste at the San Onofre Lemon (graphic courtesy SanOnofreSafety.org)
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Edison & San Onofre – a match made in hell. Again, Southern California Edison is trying to manipulate the public’s ability to express concerns and hold the utility responsible for its irresponsible actions re: the San Onofre radioactive waste. Big sleight-of-hand: the return of “dismissed” Edison nuke exec Tom Palmisano, who has been caught lying numerous times about, oh, just about everything connected with San Onofre. We again talk with Public Watchdogs Executive Director Charles Langley and board member Nina Babiarz, a board member about the latest deadly shenanigans by Edison.
- A new documentary on nuclear waste at San Onofre includes many familiar faces, including Darin McClure, Public Watchdogs, Ray Lutz, and Adelia Sandoval. It is tentatively slated to air in San Diego KPBS this Sunday, August 30, although details have not been confirmed. There are 330 PBS stations, so it is possible that this documentary could receive widespread national attention. Available on Youtube or here, at the Public Watchdogs site.
- HURRICANE LAURA WATCH: These are the nuclear facilities in the path of Hurricane Laura that may be impacted by storm surge:
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
The Democrats drank the nuclear Kool-Aid and put nukes into their platform as a part of the solution to climate change. Numnutz to the max!
- My Tribe Lived on Diablo Canyon Land for Millennia; Now We Have a Chance to Reclaim It by Violet Sage Walker
- Pennsylvania Regulators Won’t Say Where 66% of Landfill Leachate w/ Radioactive Material From Fracking is Going…”It’s Private”
- Radiation detections in northern Europe: what we do and don’t know