Turkish Nuclear Reactors – Photo from a protest of the Turkish Antinuclear Platform by multiple anti-nuclear groups, where Pinar Demircan is representing her group, nukleersiz.org.
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Pınar Demircan is a Turkish antinuclear activist and a journalist who started writing about nuclear after the Fukushima nuclear disaster began. She speaks Japanese and English as well as Turkish, and has been involved to global forums and panels where she presented on nuclear projects and the antinuclear struggle in Turkey. Currently, she writes at Yesil Gazete (Green News) and Civil Pages. At the same time, she is the Project coordinator of Nukleersiz.org (means Nuclear free), which is a member of Turkey’s Antinuclear Platform and Do Not Nuke the Climate network. She spoke with us from her home in Istanbul on February 20, 2021.
- To contact Pinar Demircan: email@example.com or on Twitter: @pnrizumi
- LINK to English transcription of Russian Involvement portion of interview
- LINKS to writing by Pinar Demircan based on the episode:
- Problems around Akkuyu NPP is so dire that, even the supporters of nuclear energy must object’ (Interview)
- For Sinop NPP, Turkey seeks EIA without a company for a reference reactor
- Akkuyu Nuclear Power Plant is already a problem – https://yesilgazete.org/akkuyu-nuclear-power-plant-is-already-a-problem/
- Radioactive realities of Gaziemir: Turkey’s authoritarian negligence
- Contact Nuclear-Free Turkey – www.nukleersiz.org
Turkish journalist and anti-nuclear activist Pinar Demircan (l).
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
So ya wanna go on vacation? Why not explore the “mysteries” and “magical experiences” awaiting you on this memorable trip to… Chernobyl! Just don’t expect their promised insurance to be worth squat…
- The 7 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy is NOT the Answer to Solve Climate Change by Mark Z. Jacobson
- Logo Contest for the National Radioactive Waste Coalition – Deadline April 30, 2020.
- LINKS for films coming…