Nuclear Suicide by Embrittled Reactors:
Veteran environmental investigative journalist Karl Grossman
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Karl Grossman is an author and journalism professor at the State University of New York/College at Old Westbury. He hosts the television program Enviro Close-Up with Karl Grossman, is the author of six books, and writer of numerous magazine, newspaper and Internet articles. That doesn’t even come close to describing his talents, abilities and accomplishments. Karl has been covering nuclear issues for over 50 years, and in terms of knowing how things came about and where the bodies are buried – that’s a metaphor, we hope – nobody does it better. Karl has been an important early and consistent supporter of Nuclear Hotseat, and we talk with him here about the Nuclear Regulatory Commission’s latest deadly shenanigans and hijinks – or as Karl calls it, “baloney” – as regards nuclear reactor operations. We talked on February 5, 2021.
- LINK to Karl Grossman and Harvey Wasserman’s article: Embrittlement in Nuclear Power Plants
- LINK to Arnie Gundersen of Fairewinds Energy Education with “Nuclear Crack Down,” a demonstration of embrittlement.
- Karl Grossman’s superb book, Cover Up! What you are not supposed to know about nuclear power
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
So the Radioactive Olympics are not just routing the proposed torch run through Fukushima’s radioactive hot spots, scheduling WOMEN’S softball games at Fukushima’s Azuma Sports Stadium, and ignoring the Covid 19 pandemic… they’re also flat-out sexist???
- HOW TO CHECK NRC PDFS ON THREE MILE ISLAND from Mary Olson of www.GenderandRadiation.org.
- Why Is America Getting a New $100 Billion Nuclear Weapon?
- The US Should Negotiate a Ban on Basing Weapons in Space