Space Force marks the beginning of Nuclear Hotseat’s 10th Year! More to come!
This Week’s Featured Interview on Space Force:
- Space Force and Nukes in Space – what, we don’t have enough nuclear problems on earth? I spoke with Linda Pentz Gunter of Beyond Nuclear. She is their international nuclear specialist, an experienced journalist, and writes columns on the follies and false representations of nuclear energy and the link between nuclear power and nuclear weapons. The full list of her credits would take too long, but as a journalist, she is knowledgeable on a wide range of nuclear issues and can discuss all of them with depth, specificity, and clarity. We spoke on Friday, June 5, 2020
Film referenced by Linda Pentz Gunter: The Atomic Soldiers and Beyond Nuclear International article on The Atomic Soldiers
Atomic Cake celebrating the Castle Bravo nuclear test which decimated the Marshall Islanders and permanently irradiated their homeland. the device was the most powerful nuclear device detonated by the United States. The explosion was more than two and a half times greater than expected and caused far higher levels of fallout and damage than scientists had predicted,.
Special 9th Anniversary Messages from:
- Voices from Japan co-producers Beverly Findlay Kaneko and Yuji Kaneko
- Arnie Gundersen, Chief Engineer for Fairewinds Energy Education
- Nancy Burton, Executive Director, Connecticutt Coalition Against Millstone
- Tsukuru Fors, Los Angeles-based activist originally from Hiroshima
- Hervé Courtois from France
- Kevin Hester from New Zealand
- Award-winning veteran investigative journalist Karl Grossman
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
The U.S. Space Force may have to change its name, because guess who owns the trademark on it??? <g>
- Covid-19 and Nuclear Power Plants by Karl Grossman – https://www.smithtownmatters.com/suffolk-county/2020/6/3/suffolk-closeup-covid-19-and-nuclear-power-plant-employees.html#entry36288025