Covid19 does what Fukushima and radiation dangers could not do: Takes down the Olympics and has severely minimized the propagandistic torch relay through Fukushima Prefecture. (Graphic courtesy Bruce Brinkman)
This Week’s Covid19/Nuclear Features and Interviews:
- A news roundup of nuclear facilities already being impacted by the novel corona virus pandemic
- Paul Gunter of Beyond Nuclear provides follow-up commentary to the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) public conference call of March 20, 2020, that was meant to calm our fears… and most certainly did not.
- Eric Epstein of Three Mile Island Alert, who was on the NRC call and did not have his question answered, talks about how CoVid19 creates new complications in the decommissioning and spent fuel storage problems at TMI.
- Kevin Kamps of Beyond Nuclear was also on the call, and though he asked perceptive questions, the NRC did its best to “foof” him along, including a complete audio blackout after he made a particularly pointed observation.
- And for those of you who want to hear the NRC for yourself, here’s a LINK to the full conference call.
BREAKING: OLYMPICS DELAYED TILL 2021!
TORCH RELAY = NO TORCH, NO RUNNERS, NO CROWDS – AND NO PRIME MINISTER ABE!
“Torch Relay” now slated to be a lit lantern in a fast-moving car.
Rumor has it that soon it will be further downgraded to a Bic lighter in a clown car: