Canada Nuclear false alarm – Text of the warning sent via cell phones to residents in Toronto regarding the Pickering Nuclear Generating Station – talk about your wake-up call!
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Canada nuclear false alarm – Ontario in Canada got a real nuclear wake-up call on Sunday, January 12, when warning of an accident at the 8-reactor Pickering nuclear facility was sent to toronto-area cell phones at 7:33 in the morning — and wasn’t’t rescinded until 9:11 a.m.. So what has been the fallout from that nuclear fail? To find out, I spoke with Angela Bischoff, who is Director the Ontario Clean Air Alliance. We talked on Tuesday, January 14, 2020.
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
When is a pretty bouquet awarding a world-class athlete not so pretty? When it’s made from Fukushima flowers! And that’s what’s going to be given to Olympic and Paralympic athletes at the Radioactive 2020 Tokyo Olympics. No radiation testing. Of course…
- Unmanaged climate risks to spent fuel from U.S. nuclear power plants: The case of sea-level rise – Robert Alvarez, Lisa Martine Jenkins, Sarah Marie Jordaan. Important story on how the rising of the oceans will impact nuclear reactors along various bodies of water. Note that every nuclear reactor needs a body of water nearby to cool it, and that flooding of the emergency cooling systems at Fukushima were responsible for the triple meltdown disaster.
- A Colorado Professor Is Warning The World Of Nuclear Winter — Again – by Sam Brasch. The olde joke is not very funny, but it’s true: nuclear winter is not the cure to global warming. Learn why in this important scientific paper.
- 170 Million Americans are Drinking Radioactive Water – This Interactive Map Shows If You Are Too – Nuclear Hotseat covered this story back in August, 2015, when the report it is based upon was first released.
- Maryland jurisdictions join “back from the brink” nuclear war movement