Nuclear Brexit marks the 400th episode of Nuclear Hotseat!
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Nuclear Brexit? This week, as Brexit looms over the United Kingdom, we learn about another pending boondoggle in that country: the Hinkly Point C nuclear power plant proposed new build. What’s so wrong with this particular new nuke and what are activists doing about it?
We talk with Nikki Clark, one of three founders of the UK direct action group South West Against Nuclear, which came into existence in 2010 in response to government plans to go ahead with a program of new nuclear reactors. She’s been involved in anti-nuclear campaigning for the best part of 17 years, during which time she’s been arrested and taken to court over my actions against Trident submarines – the UK’s nuclear bomb delivery service.
South West Against Nuclear links:
- Stop New Nuclear on Facebook
- Link to booklet: Spotlight on Springfields – https://issuu.com/wildart/docs/spotlight_on_springfields_-briefing
- And now… HOW TO MAKE A NUCLEAR WASTE BARREL:
Attractive anti-nuclear gear designed by Southwest Against Nuclear –
stylish, and it makes a great talking point for your next anti-nuclear demonstration!
For instructions, CLICK ON PICTURE or LINK posted above.
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Why is it that tourists to Fukushima assume that just because they’re from outside the area, they are immune to the impact of radiation exposure? And don’t they know they’re being used as propaganda pawns, much to the (unofficial) delight the Japanese Government and the International Olympics Committee? When outsiders “visit” the Evacuation Zone and take all those digital snapshots and selfies, they’re being used to normalize the perception of Fukushima as being “safe,” which undermines the families that know better and absolutely do NOT want to be forced to move back. An elaborate shell game, made palatable to the west because, hey, it’s a tour, you’re on vacation – what could go wrong?
Activist Info Links:
- 170 Million in U.S. Drink Radioactive Tap Water. Trump Nominee Faked Data to Hide Cancer Risk. – Excellent article by Environmental Working Group that lets you know how likely it is that you’re drinking radwater thinking it’s safe… when it’s not.