Green New Deal may be co-opted before it ever starts if it allows nuclear energy.
Image Credit: Barnaby Chambers; used with Permission of Fairewinds Energy Education
This week’s featured interviews:
- Green New Deal languaging analyzed for hidden pro-nuclear landmines by Gail Snyder, Board Chair of Chiago-based Nuclear Energy Information Service (NEIS).
- Are nukes “carbon-free” and can they actually help turn around global warming? Arnie Gundersen is Chief Engineer at Fairewinds Energy Education, as well as a former licensed nuclear reactor operator and whistleblower — and he rips that nuclear industry propaganda campaign to shreds. On Sunday, December 3, 2017, Arnie spoke in Chicago and gave a brilliant explanation of global warming and why it’s impossible for nukes to help. “Carbon free?” NOT!Additional clarity from Arnie Gundersen and Fairewinds:
- Video of Arnie speech at McGill University – CO2 Smokescreen: New Nukes Make Global Warming Worse
- Two-minute animation explains why new nukes will not help with global warming: SMOKESCREEN
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness)
What better cure for fears about radiation in Fukushima farm, fishery and forestry products than a new 30-second advertising spot! Just smear it around TV, cinemas and online – et voilá! Nothing changes but perception.
- Sheila Parks op-ed: A Response to Sen. Markey and Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez – Nuclear Power Has A Large Carbon Footprint
- Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists: Russia may have violated the INF Treaty. Here’s how the United States appears to have done the same.
- Bob Alvarez: Plutonium Wastes from the U.S. Nuclear Weapons Complex
- October, 2011 Scientific American article: Fukushima Nuclear Plant Released Far More Radiation than Government Said
Libbe HaLevy’s Book:
Support the show, support my work, learn a lot about me, nuclear, and musical theatre; go to Amazon and buy your copy of…
“Absolutely fascinating. This book must be read by all people who care about the future of the planet and their children” – Dr. Helen Caldicott
“Excellent! Easy reading, breezy, personal, interesting very well-written – and highly informative. I find the content impeccable.” – Karl Grossman, award-winning investigative reporter and author, COVER UP: What you ARE NOT SUPPOSED to KNOW ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER.