Holtec so-called “interim” radioactive storage dump, Yucca Mountain, and uranium mining
brings out Native tribal protestors at Red Butte in Arizona
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Holtec, the company trying to own nuclear waste and all its attendant monies, has a ferocious opponent in Terry Lodge. He is an Ohio trial lawyer who has represented many clients in civil rights, civil liberties, and environmental cases. An advocate for the public interest in energy policy issues who has litigated nuclear power safety and environmental issues for 40 years, Lodge has also represented opponents of nuclear weapons and mountaintop removal mining.
- Scott Portzline of Three Mile Island Alert created this animation on “spent” nuclear fuel transport dangers:
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Hormesis?!?! No – whore-YOU-sis if you believe the latest push by the Trump administration to convince you that a little radiation is actually mmm-mmm-good! for you! It’s a get outta jail free card for the nuclear industry!
Activist Action Links:
- Santa Susana Field Lab Petition: No More Kids with Cancer – Clean Up Santa Susana!
- Marco Kaltofen Report – Hidden Dangers: Radioactive Dust Found in Communities Around Nuclear Weapons Sites
- Japan – Link to Minnano Data Site for soil and food data around the country.