San Onofre from the air shows how close storage silos are to the Pacific Ocean.
This Week’s Featured Interviews:
- San Onofre Safety‘s Donna Gilmore tells what she tried to say to Southern California Edison at the August 9 Community EnRagement, uh, Engagement Panel when the “experts” shouted her down. More scary information on how the nuclear industry is playing loose and fast with highly radioactive nuclear reactor waste, as well as Southern California’s future.
- Linda Pentz Gunter of Beyond Nuclear explains a new project, Beyond Nuclear International – a source for in-depth news stories that get beyond the nuclear headlines to provide history, context and details. Sign up for this weekly email delivery.
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
As TEPCO confesses that the radioactive water from Fukushima contains more deadly radionuclides than they’d previously admitted, another Fukushima beach opens to the public!
- California Wildfires and Nuclear Radiation
- Did a Canadian foreign minister’s tweet about Saudi Arabia women’s rights scuttle a new nuclear deal for Westinghouse?
- Kevin Hester/New Zealand links: