Radiation Dump in NM or West Texas? No way! Leona Morgan of Diné No Nukes and Haul No!
Reports on NRC Public Scoping Meeting on Proposed Holtec “interim” High Level Radioactive Waste Dump
This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Dr. Ian Fairlie has studied radiation and radioactivity since the Chernobyl accident in 1986; received his doctorate from Princeton on the radiological hazards of nuclear fuel reprocessing; and from 2000 to 2004, was head of the Secretariat of the UK Government’s CERRIE Committee on internal radiation risks. He has been a consultant on radiation matters to the European Parliament, local and regional governments, environmental NGOs, and private individuals.Dr. Fairlie’s article on Linear No Threshold (LNT) vs. Hormesis.
- Leona Morgan of Nuclear Issues Study Group, Diné No Nukes and Haul No! reports directly from NRC Scoping Meeting with the public in New Mexico to find out how opposed they are to a high level radioactive waste dump in their state. (Easy answer: a whole lot!)
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadednss!):
If you’re near Three Mile Island and feel jittery, the LAST thing you need is a cup of coffee from THIS place!
Activist Shout-Out Action Links:
- Leona Morgan – No Nuclear Waste Dump in New Mexico: REGISTER YOUR COMMENTS WITH THE NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION
- Susan Corbett – Sierra Club fundraising campaign for No Nuclear Waste Dump in New Mexico:
- Tell the Senate: No Nuclear Waste at Yucca Mountain
- Kumar Sundaram/Dianuke.org – Sign the Petition that Asks India and Pakistan to stop the nuclear build-up and sign the historic Nuclear BanTreaty adopted by the United Nations last year.