This Week’s RETURN TO TMI at 39 – SPECIAL:
Nuclear Hotseat Producer/Host Libbe HaLevy, who was at the nuclear accident at Three Mile Island when it happened, returns to cover TMI at 39, a panel discussion featuring journalists who covered the accident as it happened and researchers reporting on the long-hidden medical impact of TMI.
Excerpts from the panel discussion feature:
- Heidi Hutner, PhD, Director of Sustainability Studies & Associate Dean at the School of Marine & Atmospheric Sciences at Stony Brook University
- Cindy Folkers, Radiation Health Specialist Beyond Nuclear
- Dr. Renu Joshi, PinnacleHealth Endocrinology Association
- Michele LeFever Quinn, former anchor and reporter with WKBO Radio
- Frank Goldstein, former 1979 photo journalist with WCAU-TV
- Dan Steele, former broadcaster for WKBO and on-air personality at iHeartMedia Inc.
Journalists covering Three Mile Island during the accident
Gratitude to the organizers of the panel discussion: Christine Layman, Joe Rodriguez, and Stacey Griffiths.
Deep personal gratitude to those who made it possible
for me to take this trip back to where it all began.
The Missing Links:
- Three Mile Island Survivors Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/groups/875561992580399/– Be sure to join and follow!
- Three Mile Island Alert – TMIA.com– the primary activist group for all things TMI, formed before the accident with information on every action that followed. Great resource for bringing yourself up to speed.