This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Tom Carpenter is the Executive Director of the Hanford Challenge. He addresses Hanford’s recent radiation contamination from demolition of the Plutonium Finishing Plant and maps out the timeline of recent events, which are still breaking in the news.
- Health Effects of Plutonium – article
- Information on radiation monitors mentioned in the interview: Safecast
Numnutz of the Week (for Outstanding Nuclear Boneheadedness):
Mmmm mmm! Nothing like a little snack of green laver seaweed – now in new, hot hot hot Fukushima flavor! And yes, it glows in the dark!
The Missing Links:
- List of Fukushima Commemoration events for the March 11, 2011 start of the Fukushima nuclear disaster, ongoing for seven years now: https://dunrenard.wordpress.com/2018/02/15/fukushima-7th-anniversary-events-list/
- Nagasaki-Hanford Bridge Project – Nagasaki bomb victim returns to Hanford, the site where the A-bomb dropped on Nagasaki was manufactured. For more information, to get the schedule, or to book the speaker, contact:
- West Lake Landfill – EPA 45-day Public Comment Period LINK. Talking points:
- Remove ALL radioactive waste
- Remove ALL radioactive waste from site
- Buyout homes of those living closest to West Lake Landfill
- LINK to HBO documentary on West Lake Landfill, “Atomic Homefront” – FREE on HBO until March 5, 2018.