This Week’s Featured Interview:
- Scott Portzline is the the Security Consultant to Three Mile Island Alert in Harrisburg, PA. He fills us in on cyber security attacks, near-misses and lack of vigilance at US nuclear reactors.
Alexei Yablakov Memorial:
Russian scientist Dr. Alexei Yablakov brought together the work of dissident Soviet scientists and revealed to the world the true health impacts of the Chernobyl nuclear catastrophe. He compiled the work of over 6,000 eastern European scientists to compile his book, Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe on People and the Environment. He passed away last week at his home in Moscow. Paying tribute to this “Warrior Scientist” are:
- Toxicologist Dr. Janette Sherman, who co-edited the English version of the book.
LINK to free download of Dr. Yablakov’s book: Chernobyl: Consequences of the Catastrophe on People and the Environment
- Dr. Chris Busby, who claimed Yablakov as both a collaborator in scientific nuclear health work and a dear friend.
LINK to Chris Busby’s article on Dr. Yablakov
- Also included is Libbe HaLevy’s brief interview with Dr. Yablakov from Dr. Helen Caldicott’s 2013 Symposium on the Medical and Ecological consequences of Fukushima.
Alexei Yablakov’s presentation at Dr. Caldicott’s Symposium
The Missing Links:
- Harvey Wasserman’s article in progressive.org – “Crumbling Reactors and Other Nightmares of a Trump-Perry Energy Policy”
- Beyond Nuclear’s Kevin Kamps’ article in Counterpunch.org: “Radioactive Waste is Good For You, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Rick Perry as Energy Secretary”
- Karl Grossman’s article on Enformable.com: An Engineer’s Perspective on the Indian Point Shutdownhttp://enformable.com/2017/01/an-engineers-perspective-on-the-indian-point-shutdown/